Garmin has a new dual purpose GPS navigation system that works equally well on land and sea in the form of the GPSMAP 640. This model is able to stand up to the elements thanks to its rugged form factor, and has a waterproof (IPX7) housing that carries the following :-
- 5.2″ WVGA touch screen display at 800 × 480 resolution
- Preloaded with maps of North America
- Worldwide shaded relief mapping
- Optional BlueChart g2 Vision technology for 3-D “mariner’s eye view”
- Auto guidance technology
- Support for XM WX Satellite Weather
If you have traveled the world and now want to explore the seven seas, the Garmin GPSMAP 640 can be yours for $1,200.