Posted by “Will”, a T-Mobile forum administrator, tomorrow’s update will fix little problems here and there, but users should not expect much more. Here’s the info that Will has provided:
- What does this update do? This update will include enhancements (I don’t know what is termed an “enhancement” and one bug fix that is visible to customers which makes all songs from Amazon available for listening
- Why do I need it? So your device will perform better long term and you don’t have to worry about corrupt files from Amazon.
- When will I get mine? If you participated in the PreSale, you will receive it between the 23rd-25th otherwise you should get it by 10/31. For those receiving their devices after that date you should receive the update soon after you activate the phone (within 2 – 3 days). New phones from HTC will come pre-loaded with the update.
- What if I don’t get mine? Just wait for it, it will come.
- What do I do when I haven’t gotten mine by the time you said I’d get mine? Wait a little longer
- Seriously, I didn’t get mine. Where is it and when will I get it? Why am I missing out? Check your software version, you probably had the new software all along and were waiting for nothing.
- How do I check my software version? From the main screen hit Menu > Settings > About phone > Build number. Look for where it says RC## The initial release is RC19. The Updated release is RC28
- Will I lose any applications or settings? Nope. Your settings and apps should be preserved.