The Kindle 2 device from Amazon, which was first launched in late February of this year, is roughly selling at almost double rates then the first generation device launched on by the same company. This news was sent on by a source close to the Amazon itself, and therefore cannot be neglected. On an approximate level, about 300,000 of the devices have been shipped already, and this gives us an important reason to believe that Amazon has already generated revenue of $100 million from the device, which is $359 a piece.
The predecessor of Kindle 2 sold about 400,000 devices, and Amazon plans on this figure being double for Kindle 2 in the year 2009 alone.
So what is actually this hot selling device? Well if you are in for reading books, you will be thrilled. Let me give you an overview of what the device actually is, and what it does.
Amazon’s Kindle 2 is actually a mobile eBook reader. It was first made available to the general public on February 9, 2009. This device is actually an update to the previous Amazon Kindle with some additional features. Following are some of its major and important features:
- It weighs 10.2 oz
- It has 7 times the storage capacity comparing to its predecessor
- It has a built-in 3 speeds text-to-speech feature
- It has the tendency to turn pages 20% faster then its predecessor
· 25% extra battery life then the previous version
· Utilizes 3G technology for internet, so don’t have to rely on getting a hotspot to actually download books
· Kindle 2 has a new feature added, the additional feature is called “Whisper sync bookmarking” to help its users pick up their book right where they left off, even if they shift to other devices.
· This device also has a high resolution display technology known as electronic paper, in which the display is black and white, and really crystal clear and crisp. This crystal clear display assures you that the reading format will be clear and easily readable.
Keeping in mind all the new tweaking that Amazon did to its portable book reader, there is simply no wonder as to which Amazon is making so much sales and profits from the sale of the device. Kindle 2 is really more technologically advanced, making it a far better choice then its predecessor, so it is really an irresistible device for any one who is familiar with kindle device.